To be admitted to the Master of Science in Financial Technology and Data Analytics Programme, you must
- comply with the General Regulations*; and
- comply with the Regulations for Taught Postgraduate Curricula; and
- hold a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science discipline of this University; or a relevant qualification of equivalent standard from this University or from another university or comparable institution accepted for this purpose; and
- satisfy the examiners in a qualifying examination if required.
* Please refer to the Regulations section.
English Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants must satisfy the English Language Proficiency Requirement by:
- possessing a bachelor's degree obtained by completing a programme of study in Hong Kong or an English-speaking country, or which was taught primarily in the English language; or
- achieving a result of 550 (paper-based test), or 80 (Internet-based test), or better in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). An applicant who took the TOEFL should request the Education testing Service (ETS) to send an official score report to the University directly. For this purpose, the HKU TOEFL code number is 9671. Test scores more than two years old will not be accepted; or
- achieving a result of Band 6.0 or better with no subtest lower than 5.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or
- achieving Grade C or above in the Overseas General Certificate of Education (GCE); or
- achieving Grade C or above in the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE); or
- achieving Grade C or above in the Cambridge Test of Proficiency in English Language;
unless in exceptional circumstances they are exempted from this requirement.